North Logan City Library
The volunteer program’s purpose is to assist the library in serving its patrons through jobs given by the volunteer coordinator or other qualified library staff.
Volunteer Program Goals:
- Volunteers will help make the library a safe and enjoyable place for its patrons
- Volunteers will be available to help on a weekly basis for an agreed upon period of time
- Volunteers will reinforce the efforts of the library staff in making sure patrons get high-quality service
Guidelines for Volunteers:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age (volunteers under the age of 16 are accepted at the discretion of the volunteer coordinator)
- All volunteer applicants must be interviewed and will be treated as though they were a paid library employee
- Court-appointed service hour volunteers will be accepted at the discretion of the library director
Management of Volunteer Program:
The library director is ultimately responsible for all volunteer efforts of the library. The director will select a staff member as the volunteer coordinator.
The volunteer coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with volunteer applicants
- Finding meaningful and constructive tasks for volunteers
- Refusing applicants or terminating any volunteers’ services where they see fit
Guidelines for youth/children volunteers and volunteer groups:
Any volunteers under the age of 16 will be accepted at the discretion of the volunteer coordinator and must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult. Volunteer groups will require the approval of the volunteer coordinator.